I remember doing blog posts like this during the early Tumblr heydays (do you remember those days? Ahh, good times!) and I thought well why not do them again? Doing “facts about me” blog posts were quick and great ways of letting my blog readers know more about the facts that make up Camie Juan. If you’ve been an old time HeySilly/xfreckles&tea/Wild Spirit blog reader or you’re a friend of mine, then some of these might sound familiar, but to the new blog readers especially during the birth of Wild Spirit, well here’s some more little facts you might not know about me:
- Growing up I had straight hair. It eventually started growing wavy and then curly. My natural hair now is thick, wavy and curly, much like the brunette version of Merida from Brave. My natural hair color is also dark ash brown.
- Speaking of a Disney cartoon, my least favorite is Snow White. It just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
- I had braces for more than 5 years of my teenage life, which is also known as the obligatory cringe-worthy teenage right of passage.
- I abhor the taste of pickles and will never eat anything that has them. (Weirdly enough, I like other pickled things, just not pickled cucumber — gross)
- I have no second name. The same goes for my three other biological siblings. My parents didn’t feel like being creative, I guess!
Five facts seem a little short now that I think of it, but this is a new blog series so there’s more to come! Do we have any of these facts in common? :)
It’s about time I gave back to all my wonderful Wildlings for being so darn amazing the past few months/years! (See what I did there? No, but really, it’s true. It’s about damn time.)
Tomato Time is teaming up with Wild Spirit to give you, my dear blog readers, a chance to win your very own Tomato Time watch!
I can’t believe it’s already March and we’re three months in to 2015. Time is going by really fast! On the one hand it’s making me so excited for some travel plans that have been in the works and on the other, I’m afraid 2015 will go by so darn fast that even my travel will be over before I know it. Haha
Because it’s the start of a new month, it’s time for one of my favorite blog series: Getting to Know You & Me! You know the drill, I’ll be asking a set of 5 questions, and I’ll answer them, and in return you’ll answer them too! On my comments section or on your blog, either is fine with me. This series is all about getting to know each other and making friends :)
- What’s a dish, that if you left your home country for a foreign country for 6 months, you’d instantly miss?
- You’re given Php 60,000 by a really cool stranger to go to the airport and pick from any destination in the world to travel to that very moment where would you go?
- What’s the most attractive trait (physical or non-physical) the opposite sex can have?
- What’s your biggest turn off? (Doesn’t necessarily have to be about the opposite sex but in general)
- You’re feeling down and blue, what’s your go-to comfort food?
- I would definitely miss eating liempo, lechon kawali, kare-kare and crab/shrimp! Just thinking about it already makes me wanna live in the PH for good if only for the food. Haha
- I think we all know the obvious answer for me here… It’s definitely going to be somewhere in Paris. Currently, I’m crazy about Strasbourg, France!
- Being a gentleman. Any guy who is a gentleman is easily attractive to me, even in a platonic way.
- My biggest turn-off would be people who are ungrateful for what they have in life and are always so negative to be around.
- When I’m depressed or sad, I actually never have the appetite to eat, but eating in general always makes me so happy so I’d have to say Potato Corner sour cream fries would be a definite comfort food for me. Tried & tested! Haha
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to send me your blog link should you decide to answer these questions on your blog :) I love reading your answers! <3
Have a great week ahead, Wildlings!
If you’re new to blogging, or have been thinking about getting into blogging there are a few things you need to know: Blogging is something you dedicate your time to, and so it must be something you actually enjoy doing. Everyone gets into that creative slump once in a while where they lose inspiration on what to write about, that’s okay you’ll get back on your feet. And lastly (well there’s a lot more but for the focus on this post these are the top 3), you’re going to need apps/resources to make blogging a whole lot easier.
I’m not a huge birthday celebrator. I guess it mostly has something to do with my introvert personality, and the mere thought of being the center of attention makes me feel pressured and anxious. So when Gab asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday, the only thing I had in mind was to get away from the city, be around nature and just relax and have it be as normal of a day as possible.
A few days right before our planned trip to Gab’s property in Lobo, Batangas, I received a wonderful birthday gift from Herschel Supply & Co., two gorgeous backpacks for Gab and me! The timing was perfect. So the day before my birthday, we packed our Herschel bags with our one night trip essentials: