If you’re anything like me, the summer season can get a little boring, especially when you’ve binge watched the movies and have read the books in your “must see/read” list. After a while, your summer might be spent mostly in bed, AC on blast, refusing to move an inch because it’s just too darn hot to do anything – but that’s not healthy at all. You’ve got to get up and do something with your life and make the most of your summer days, especially if you’re a student. Savor it now! It won’t last forever. The real world has no vacations.
I’ve listed down 5 ideas you can do to keep your summer fun, productive and interesting:
- Tick things off your bucketlist. No more excuses. Summer is here, you’ve got more free time on your hands, especially if you’re a student! Ever wanted to climb a mountain? Go climb Mt. Pinatubo! Want to get a kickass tattoo? Visit Whang Od, the oldest Kalinga Tattoo artist in Buscalan. Is visiting all of 7,107 islands in the Philippines in your bucketlist? Your bucketlist doesn’t need to sit in the corner gathering dust. Tick it off one weekend at a time if you have to. Remember that if there’s a will, there’s a way.
- Get a summer job or internship. If there’s anything I wish I did while I was still in college, it’s getting a summer job or internship. Not only is it good for the resume, it also teaches and prepares you for the work environment you’ll eventually get into when you graduate, especially when you’re in your junior/senior year in college.InKompass offers a paid internship program (an allowance of Php 26,000 per month!) specifically for college students. If you’re competitive, driven and think you have what it takes to pursue a successful career (and I’m sure you do!), then InKompass might actually give you the break you’re looking for! You can check out the program at www.inkompass.global
- Declutter your closet and donate it or hold a garage sale. Trust me, there will be clothes in there you haven’t worn in ages and could let go of. My personal rule is: if I haven’t worn it in 6 months, it’s time to give it up and let it go. Ask your friends and family to do the same, and you can either donate your unused clothes to charity or hold a garage sale if you need the extra cash!
- Take up a class for something you’ve been meaning to learn, be it cooking, learning a new language, graphic design, calligraphy; whatever under the sun, there’s definitely a class for it somewhere! If you don’t have cash for it, that’s where getting an internship or holding a garage sale comes into play ;)
- Throw a backyard BBQ with your friends. The best way to beat the summer heat is to take advantage of it! Download a summer playlist on Spotify, put your bikinis on (don’t forget the sunscreen!), lay out in your backyard to get that summer tan, grill some corn on the cob and barbecues, and if you’ve got a pool then all the better to beat the summer heat!
I hope these fives ideas can give you more ideas on what you can do this summer. I’m personally doing 4/5 of these ideas on the list, save for the summer job/internship because unfortunately, I’m no longer eligible *sadface* I highly recommend the internship! I think it’s the best way to really be productive in the summer, to earn some money and also have something to help build your impressive resume.
I hope everyone has a great summer despite the crazy heat!
Disclaimer: This blog post is sponsored by InKompass. The ideas, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.