No matter how old we get, some things will always stay the same, some things we never grow out of and some things we will always love… one of these things will always be childhood favorites when it comes to food. I’ve never been a huge fan of chicken, especially if I have to pick the meat off the bones (don’t ask, we had to dissect chicken in high school and I’ve never looked at it the same way since), but chicken made into nuggets? That’s a totally different story.
I grew up eating Purefoods Chicken Nuggets. I remember always requesting it for breakfast or for my school baons, with the yummy brown sauce, or the one coated with cheese powder. Last week, Purefoods decided to send me a whole lot of chicken nuggets and it brought back so much childhood nostalgia. You can be sure I ate chicken nuggets every breakfast, sometimes even during dinner if I craved for more of it!
My all time favourites would definitely have to be the Chicken Breast Nuggets, the ones that come in different Shapes, Letters, Numbers and the Drummets… But if I were to really pick my favorite, it would definitely have to be the Letters. Every time I open a pack, I try to challenge myself to spell out my name. So far, I haven’t really been successful… At the most I can get to spell “Cam 1” which is pretty cool in itself already. Maybe Purefoods should start packing them from letters A-L & M-Z! Haha
Chicken Breast Nuggets, Shapes, Drummets, Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Nuggets, Letters.
So, what else makes Purefoods Chicken Nuggets a childhood favorite?
- The convenience. You can heat it straight to the toaster from the freezer (no thawing needed) and it can be eaten within minutes! It’s also the healthier choice as opposed to frying it in oil.
- It’s so easy to make. I’m pretty lazy, so sometimes I put cooking meals to the very last minute until I’m so hungry I’m shaking. Haha With the Purefoods Chicken Nuggets, I pop them in the toaster and eat them after 3-5 minutes.
- They’re great for kids AND adults. As a 25 year old adulting, sometimes I just want simple cheap thrills with no fuss. I guess you can say that to me, these chicken nuggets are like comfort food.
- THEY’RE SO YUMMY. The brown sauce, personally, I think it’s not enough. Pure foods needs to throw in two packs in there instead of one. I always end up with no sauce after eating 5 nuggets.
- Availability. You can find Purefoods Chicken Nuggets in all leading supermarkets. I have a Shopwise right across my condo, so that’s where I get my stash.
Do you have childhood food favorites? Was Purefoods Chicken Nuggets something you grew up with like I did? Which one’s your all time favorite? :)